倒装 (Inversion): 在英语中，主语和谓语的语序通常是主语在前，谓语在后。但有时为了语法结构的需要，或者是为了强调，谓语的全部或一部分却提到主语前面，这种语序叫做倒装。 倒装可分为: a.全部倒装b.部分倒装
英语倒装句分为两种： １、整个谓语在前的句子，叫完全倒装。 Here comes the car. ２、部分谓语（情态动词、助动词、连系 动词）在前，谓语的主体部分仍在主语之 后的句子，叫部分倒装句。 Only then did he realize that he was wrong.
Inversion(倒装句) ①若有主从句，哪句倒装。 ②部分倒装还是完全倒装。
A. 完全倒装 There be +主语 1. There lived an old man in the mountain. There stood an old tree front of the house There still exist some problems
2. here/there/now/then + vi. +主语 out/in/up/down/away 在句首，表强调 eg: 1. Here comes the bus. There goes the bell. Now comes your turn. Out went the children. 副词 + 动词+ 主语 注：代词做主语时，主谓语序不变 Here you are. Here it is. In he comes. 副词 + 代词+ 动词
3. 句首状语为表示地点的介词词组。 eg: From the valley came a frightening sound. South of the city lies a big steel factory. 谓语通常是be , stand, sit , lie 等动词。 介词短语 + 谓语 + 主语 4. 直接引语的全部或一部分在句首时。 • “Do you think my clothes fit well?” asked the emperor. "Mr smith" said Mary,“ May I borrow your pen?" 注意： 主语是代词时，不用倒装。 “Where are you going?” he asked.
5. 表语置于句首。 • 形容词+系动词+主语 • Present at the meeting were Professor White and • many other guests. 2)过去分词+系动词+主语 Goneare the days. 3) 介词短语+be+主语 Among the goodsare Christmas trees, flowers and toys.
6. 为了保持句子平衡或为了强调表语或状语，为 了使上下文紧密衔接。 a. Inside the Pyramidsare the burial rooms for the kings and queens. b. They arrived at a farmhouse, in front of which sat a small boy.
B. 部分倒装 • 用于疑问句 • Do you understand it? 2. 用于省略if的虚拟语气条件状语从句。 Had you received your lessons, you might have passed the exam. Were I to do the work, I should do it some other way. Should I be free tomorrow, I could go with you.
3. adj./n./v. +as 引导的让步状语从句 Try as he would, he might fail again. Pretty as she is, she is not clever. =Though she is pretty, she is not clever. Child as he was, he had to make a living. = Though he was a child, he had to make a living. 单数可数名词作表语提前不用冠词 4. So, Nor, Neither开头的句子，表示重复前句部分 内容，谓语时态，形式与前句一致。 He has been to Beijing. So have I . Peter can’t answer the question. Neither can I . so / nor / neither + 助动词/情态动词/ 系动词+ 主语
如果后一个句子只是单纯的重复前面句子的意思，则不倒装。如果后一个句子只是单纯的重复前面句子的意思，则不倒装。 “It is hot today.” “So it is.” “He finished it on time.” “So he did.” 当前面的句子中主语、谓语或肯否定形式不同时， 则用so it is with….句型来表示。 Tom likes singing, but he doesn’t like dancing. So it is with Mary. Tom is clever and he studies hard. So it is with Mary.
5.用于no sooner…than; hardly…when （只倒主句，主句一般用过去完成时而从句用过去时。）, not until （只倒主句）句型中。 Not until the teacher came did he finish his work. No soonerhad she gone outthan the telephone rang. Hardlyhad I sat whenhe stepped in.
6. never, hardly, seldom, scarcely(几乎不), barely, little, often, at no time, not only （只倒前面） 等词放在句首。 Littledid he know who the woman was. Nevershall I do this again. Not onlyis better education important for improving ourselves but also it is important for developing our society. 但是当连接主语时不倒装 Not only he but also I have kept the secret.
7. 用于only开头的句子；(修饰副词，介词短语或 状语从句）,主句要倒装。 Onlythis afternoondid I finish the novel. Onlyin this waycan you master English. Onlywhen he told medid I realize what trouble he was in. 注：only 修饰主语时，不倒装. Only he can do this work.
8.so…that/ such…that中 so+ adj./adv或such…提前到句首时，此部分用倒装语序. So loudly did he speak that even people in the next room could hear him. In such a hurry did he leave that he forget to lock the door. 9.在以often, always, once, many a time, now and then, every other day, 等作状语的频度副词位于句首时。 Often did I speak of him before. Many a time has he helped me with my experiment.
Look at the following sentences 1. We will not be able to improve the situation until we know more. - Not untilweknowmorewill webeabletoimprovethesituation. 2. China’s then Premier Zhu Rongji, who stressed the need for equality and fairness in the world was among the speakers. - Among the speakers wasChina’sthenPremier Zhu Rongji, who stressed the need for equality and fairness in the world.
3.We won’t have enough drinking water until we stop polluting our lakes and rivers. - Not untilwe stop polluting our lakes and rivers will we have enough drinking water. 4. Sustainable development can be possible only with international cooperation. - Only with international cooperationcan sustainable developmentbe possible. 5. We seldom think of the small changes that we can do to make a big difference. - Seldomdo wethink of the small changes that we can do to make a big difference.
6. We can save the earth only by changing the way we live. Only by changing the way we livecan wesave the earth. 7. The Earth Summit is not only a place to talk about problems, but also a place to find solutions for the future. Not only is the Earth Summit a place to talk about problems, but also a place to find solutions for the future. Do the exercise 1 on page 70.
强 化 练 习1. _____the plane. A. Down flying B. Down was flying C. Down flew D. Flew down 2. Under a big tree ____, half asleep. A. did sat a fat man B. a fat man sat C. did a fat man sat D. sat a fat man C D
C 3. She plays the piano very well._________. A. So every one of us does B. Every one of us does C. So does every one of us D. So do every one of us 4. Never _____such a wonderful place as Hangzhou. A. are hanging B. had I seen C. I have seen D. have I seen D
D 5. Not only ____a promise, but also he kept it. A. has he made B. does he make C. he made D. did he make 6. Not until he got off the bus _____that he had got his wallet stolen. A. he found B. did he find C. he had found D. had he found 7. Only in this way _____progress in your English. A. you make B. can you make C. you be able to make D. will you able to make B B
C 8. _____and caught the mouse. A. Up the cat jumped B. The cat up jumped C. Up jumped the cat D. Jumped up the cat 9. ------Where is your father? -------Oh,_______. A. here he comes B. he here comes C. here does he come D. here comes he A
A 10.____in which they had came to the island. A. Nearby were two canoes B. Nearby two canoes were C. Were two canoes nearby D. Two canoes nearby were 11. The door opened and there ____. A. enters an old man B. entered an old man C. did an old man enter D. an old man entered B
D • 12. Little ___ when I took the trip and ___ did my brother. • A. have I known; so B. had I know;neither • C. do I know; so D. did I know; neither • 13. Was it not ___ you arrived at his house __ you discovered that he was on holiday? • when; that B. until; did • C. until; that D. when; did C
B 14. Many a time __ to see me while __ in hospital. A. did he come; was I B. did he come; I was C. he came; was I D. he was; I was 15 .Now and then ___ up to see what happened. A. did he wake B. he wake C. he wakes D. he did wake 16. She is not fond of cooking,____ I. A. so am B. nor am C. neither do I D. nor do 17. Early in the morning __ the news ____ the Chinese Team defeated the Japanese Team. A comes; what B. came; that C comes; that D came; what A B B
C 18. At the foot of the mountain_____. A. lie a beautiful lake B. does a beautiful lake lie C. lies a beautiful lake D. do a beautiful lake lie 19. At no time ___ his personal interest first. A. should a communist place B. a communist should place C. a communist place D. does a communist place A
C 20. On the wall ______two large portraits. A. are hanging B. hanged C. hang D. hangs 21.Not once ______their plan. A. did they change B. they changed C. changed they D. they did changed 22.I finally got the job I dreamed about. Never in my life ____so happy! A. did I feel B. I felt C. I had felt D. had I felt A D
B 23.Little ___about his own safety,though he was in great danger himself. A. does he care B. did he care C. he cares D. he cared 24.Not only ______ polluted but ______ crowded. A. was the city;were the streets B. the city was;were the streets C. was the city;the streets were D. the city was;the streets were C
C 25.______ for the free tickets,I would not have gone to the films so often. A. If it is not B. Were it not C. Had it not been D. If they were not 26.So ______ that no fish can live in it. A. the lake is shallow B. shallow the lake is C. shallow is the lake D. is the lake shallow 27. Not a single song ____at yesterday’s party. A. she sang B. sang she C. did she sing C C
28.Hardly_______ when it began to rain. A. had he arrived B. arrived he C. he had arrived D. did he arrive 29.Mr. Smith promised to help me and____ the next day. A. neither he did B. so he did C. neither did he D. so did he A B C 30.Not until the bell rang____in. A. do they come B. came they C. did they come D. they came
31. Only in this way ______ this Maths problem. A. you can work out B. can you work out C. you will be able to work D. will you can work out 32. My wife is a teacher, and ______. A. so am I B. so I am C. also I am D. too I am 33. ______, the boy knows a lot about computer. A. Though is he young B. As is he young C. Young as is he D. Young as he is . B A D
34. After that we have never seen her again, nor ______ her. A. we have heard from B. have we heard from C. did we hear from D. we heard from 35. Not until yesterday evening ______ the party had been put off till next Saturday. A. I knew B. didn't I know C. did I know D. I didn't know . B C A • 36. Not only ______ a promise, but also he kept it. • did he make B. had he made • C. make he D. he made
B • 37. Never ______ such a robot. • we have seen B. have we seen • C. we saw D. we haven't seen • 38. ______ a letter for you. • A. There are B. Is here C. Here is D. Is there • 39. ______ a big paper-making factory by the lake. • A. There stands B. Does there stand • C. Standing there is D. It is standing • 40. Look out! ______ • A. The bus come there B. There comes the bus. • C. Does the bus come? D. Comes the bus there. C A B