NOUN & ITS KIND BY: POONAM GAUTAM
WHAT IS NOUN Noun is the name of a person ,place or a thing. For example: Ram ,Ramayan, pen etc.
Kinds of Noun Basically ,there are five types of Noun: • Proper Noun • Common Noun • Collection Noun • Material Noun • Abstract Noun
1. Proper Noun: • Proper Nouns are the name of a special person,place or thing. Proper Nouns are capitalized: • Sita • Ramayana • Saharanpur
Examples of Proper Noun • Sita is a good girl. • She is reading Ramayna. • She lives in Saharanpur.
2. Common Noun: • Common Nouns are any person,place or thing. Common Nouns are not capitalized. • The city • A policeman • That newspaper
Examples of Common Noun: • Delhi is a city. • Rajesh is a policeman. • Times of India is a newspaper.
3. Collection Noun: • Collection Nouns are the collection of person, place or thing. For example: • Group of students –Class • Collection of book – Library • Bunch of flowers- Bouquet
Example of Collection Noun: • There are many students in a class. • There are lot of books in library. • It is a beautiful bouquet of red roses.
4. Material Noun: • A Material Noun is a word for a material, a substance, or an ingredient that other things are made from. For example: Gold, water ,Milk.
Examples of Material Noun: • Gold is a costly material. • Water is necessary for living . • Milk is must for students.
5. Abstract Noun • Abstract Noun is the name of thing or action that you can’t sense. It is the name of an emotion or ideas. For example: Honesty, Beauty, Bravery, Fear, ability, attraction.
Examples of Abstract Noun: • Honesty is the best policy. • Face the problems with bravery. • Anger isthe biggest enemy of humans.ss
tHANKS • POONAM GAUTAM • COMPUTER INSTRUCTOR • UPS datoli • SAHARANPUR