* Jesus Christ is the son of God.* Teacher is the second parent of the students.
THE KINDS OF NOUN1. COMMON NOUN2. PROPER NOUN3. CONCRETE NOUN4. ABSTRACT NOUN5. COMPOUND NOUN6. COLLECTIVE NOUN7. COUNT NOUN8. MASS NOUN
COMMON NOUN refers to a general example of a person, place, thing or idea; it is noy capitalized. Ex: The dogs are barking on the street.
PROPER NOUN name or title of a particular person, place, thing or idea. It is always begin with capital letter. * God is the most powerful of all. • CONCRETE NOUN refers to the material things, people, and places, as well as everything that can be perceived by the senses.
Venus is a planet , not a star. 4. ABSTRACT NOUN refers to the qualities , emotions, conditions and attitudes which have no material existence. * Love, justice, wisdom and power are God’s major qualities.
5. COMPOUND NOUN consists of two or more words used together to name one person, place or thing. • sky+ diver= skydiver * James brother -in-law is handsome
6. COLLECTIVE NOUN stands for a whole group of persons, places, things or ideas. * A pride of lions lived in the zoo. * The team went to the jungle. 7. COUNT NOUN refers to object that can be counted like books, tables, houses and countries.
* They have a lot of chairs in that room. 8. MASS NOUN refers to the things that can not be counted individually. * The kindness he had shown made him noble.
GENDERS OF NOUNS • MASCULINE • FEMININE • NUETER • COMMON
Masculine refers to a person or animals of the male kind. • The king command his servants to cook some food. 2. Feminine refers to the person or animals of the female kind.
* Tabby went to the kitchen to seek some food. 3. Neuter refers to the objects with no sex. * The car in that house is color red.
4. Common refers to nouns that are either male or female. * The visitors in that side are eating.
Prepared by: Jowelyn G. Impe BSE II
Click the right answer of the ff. question: • This is a word that names a person, place, thing or an idea. a. noun b. pronoun c. verb
Correct. Your good next
Sorry…! That’s not the correct answer back
2. Lord is the creator of the world. What kind of noun is used in the sentence? • Common noun • Proper noun • collective noun
3. Her sister-in-law went to manila to visit her parents. What kind of noun is used in the sentence? • Collective noun • mass noun • Compound noun
4. Family, group, committee, team, club. What kind of noun are this? • Collective noun • proper noun • Abstract noun
5. This is a kind of noun that refers to objects that can be counted like books, chairs and countries. a. compound noun b. count noun c. Mass noun
6. The bride was so happy upon hearing those vows. What gender of noun is used.? a. masculine b. feminine c. neuter